Playing order of album with multiple discs (in random playin

General discussions
genesys87

Post by genesys87 »

I have may album splitted in various cds, so I tag them all with the same album name, but different disc number; Guayadeque correctly sort by disc number first and next track number the songs of these albums in the library browser.
If I play one of these albums from the album box of the library browser (either by double clicking on the name of the album or by right click->play) of from the album browser, the playing order follow the order of the library browser (ie: disc number + track number); if the album is picked randomly, the playing order follow track number only, while it should follow that of the library browser.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Can you explain what is exactly what you call picked randomly?

Thanks for your help
genesys87

Post by genesys87 »

In the preferences I have checked the options "Reproduces a random album when the playlist is empty", "Delete automatically reproduced tracks from the playlist"; smartmode is off.
When the album is random chosen by guayadeque following the preferences stated above, the playing order is different from when I choose the album from the library browser (or album browser).
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I think it makes sense that the album added as its a single album should follow the natural order by song number only.

Now I realised it may makes sense to follow library order in case you have mixed albums in one folder or you have multiple cds as one album.

I will include this change in next svn commit.

Thanks for your help
genesys87

Post by genesys87 »

Thanks for your quick answer :D