guayadeque keeps playing after it's switched off

General discussions
pickarooney

Post by pickarooney »

This started happening in the latest version. I switch the program off by closing the window but the music keeps playing and I have to kill the process from the command line. I have never used any options to minimise g-que when closing and there does not appear to have been anything changed in my config by the upgrade. Moreover I don't have a systray icon for g-que so really this needs to be fixed ASAP :)
tiliqua

Post by tiliqua »

There's a bit of discussion in this thread: http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... omment_912

Basically, if you want the systray icon and the close button to work as expected, build g-que from SVN without installing libindicator-dev. Otherwise, you can find g-que in the sound menu (click the volume icon in your panel), assuming you are running Ubuntu 10.10.
camaron

Post by camaron »

pickarooney wrote:This started happening in the latest version. I switch the program off by closing the window but the music keeps playing and I have to kill the process from the command line. I have never used any options to minimise g-que when closing and there does not appear to have been anything changed in my config by the upgrade. Moreover I don't have a systray icon for g-que so really this needs to be fixed ASAP :)
You can also quit from Library>quit

It is not ideal but this is how the soundmenu behaves..
pickarooney

Post by pickarooney »

FFS, that's ridiculous. I thought the idea was to have a player that works on linux, not eclusively on Ubuntu 10.10 with GNOME ???

So I should just remove libindicator-dev and rn .buildd again?

I should probably use the other thread from now on.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Yes if you remove that dependency and build again then the old behaivour should be back

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I want to add as this is a main concern I will make it optional even when you have libindicate-dev installed
pickarooney

Post by pickarooney »

Thanks :) I don't envy you having to try and please all of the people all of the time :)