Documentation and collaboration

General discussions
camaron

Post by camaron »

Hi anonbeat, bigthinker and everyone. Here are some thoughts on how collaborate and what the documentation should look like.

I think It would be good to set up/agree some kind of basic frame on how the documentation should be organized. Basically I think there should be clear menus for navitagion/search. In my view a good way to start would be to create some kind of index where to place items (placeholders until they are completed). So it would be easy for anyone to create a new item/placeholder (say, MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS) and then it would be easy for anyone to actually go into the item and start filling the page. This way it is easier aswell to improved upon what is already being done. So to make it short: clear menus, easy navigation, individual pages for individual items (eg. jamendo, library, tagging, etc..)

What would be the best way to collaborate? Just now I've got no clue if i'm working on something that has already being done but not uploaded or is being worked on etc... Maybe something like Google Groups is a good tool for this (direct colaboration, sync, etc) Just a sugestion.

What do you think?
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

we have been discussing a To Do page, i've added it just haven't had the time to edit it.

http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php?p=/page/todo

the wiki application is about to be ramped up to be, well awesome. Right now its in a very raw state. Its functional and is integrated with other web apps that the project needs in the future. So.. soon the wiki app will be updated to your expectations.

I will work on a how to for the wiki tonight.. this should help
camaron

Post by camaron »

Thanks, that sounds good actually
I think everyone should probably take note that this site is in a VERY EARLY stage. We are being a bit impatient maybe :)