Song ratings

General discussions
Wtower

Song ratings

Post by Wtower »

Congratulations on the very nice app. I am a new user and new to this community. I face the following issue. My music collection comes back from my windows days. I had been using mediamonkey to handle all metatags, including song ratings. Several years ago I made the switch to Linux, but I have never found a way to access the song ratings metadata from mediamonkey. So my question is, how does Guayadeque handle song ratings? Is there a way to access that information from within Guayadeque? I have came across other users as well in other forums that I believe would love to find a solution for this. Thanks.
anonbeat

Song ratings

Post by anonbeat »

Song rating in guayadeque is stored at this point only in the database. Its planned to allow to select if also be saved into the audio files.

I have heard of some ppl that could import the ratings from mediamonkey using playlists by rating setting.
Ferdi

Song ratings

Post by Ferdi »

@Wtower If you have Gold you can easily create autoplaylists for each rating, but bear in mind that Guayadeque doesn't support half-star ratings. If you haven't got Gold then I would suggest using the List view and sort to Rating. In both cases you should then export to a m3u playlist; with the first case the resulting autoplaylist, with the latter some selected files sharing a rating.

In my case Guayadeque doesn't like the resulting m3u just yet. I did all this using MM under Wine so your behavior may be different. Here MM created m3u files using relative paths for each audio file. I searched and replaced the relative paths by the absolute paths in my Linux box using a text editor and saved the m3u file. Guayadeque still didn't like these files, so I then loaded them one after the other into VLC Media Player and saved the resulting playlist in VLC using VLC's "Save playlist to file" and again as m3u. This resulting file should be accepted by Guayadeque.

Once you've imported (as a static playlist) one playlist in which the audio files have the same rating you can easily assign the corresponding rating in Guayadeque.

Hope this helps!

@anonbeat Could you give us a timeline at which to expect this feature be implemented?