Love the random; is it working as intended?

General discussions
TheTechnaddict

Post by TheTechnaddict »

I've never been a fan of random playing - I have a very eclectic collection - but I'm loving it in Guyadeque - It plays random stuff after an album and it does so really well

I'll play an album, and often it will take me a while to wake up and realise that the album has finished and the player is making up its own playlists - and I leave it playing because I'm enjoying it.

Here's the bit that I'm wondering if you'd like so much (as a developer) - my preferences are set to play a random album; but it is playing tracks, not albums.

I missed a follow up question last time I posted - I'm usually listening when not working and I forget I've posted - I can;t see any option to subscribe - so if you'd like me to delve deeper, and I am happy to if you need that, please email me as well as posting.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

What you are enjoying so much is the guayadeque smart play mode. If you want to add random albums and not tracks you need to disable smart mode and change in playback preferences 'Add random Album when playlist is empty'

You can change the subscriptions from your user panel control (from the menu click over 'TheTechnaddict' and then 'My Preferences'

Thank you very much for your help
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I like his idea too. It would be nice to have an option such that Smart Mode added a whole album instead of individual tracks. What do you think?