SmartMode random play problem

General discussions
abasco

Post by abasco »

Hi All,

I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong here but I'm having problems with the 'Play random track when playlist is empty' feature. I have this enabled as I like to just randomly listen to all the music in my library however a vast majority (>60%) of the songs that are 'randomly' selected come from a set of compilation albums. I have three different albums from the same compilation (different years). I have the deny last played tracks filter enabled but every time I start Quayadeque again the same thing happens.

I run Guayadeque on three different systems and find the same thing happens on every system with exactly the same albums. I was wondering whether it could be related to the 'rating' or something similar of the songs or some other similar tag in the files but I don't really know much about this.

Just as extra info - my library is fairly small (~1500 songs), I recently reinstalled Guayadeque on one of my systems to see if anything would change but it is still the same. Since the reinstall the songs from these compilations have played between 5 and 20 times whereas most of the songs(~80%) haven't played at all.

I'm sure there is probably a simple answer somewhere but I have no idea what it is.
I appreciate any help you can offer,
Thanks!!
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Disable smart mode and in Deny filter select 'Last played tracks'.
Smart mode does nothing to do with 'Pick a random track when playlist is empty'. Smart mode tries to add tracks that are similar to the one you are listenning at the moment. If your library is quite small like your case then it needs to add the same tracks quite often.
With the Allow or deny filters you can configure which tracks are allowed to be added. If you select as Deny 'Last played tracks' the tracks that have recently being played will not be added.

I hope I have explained well.

THanks for your help
camaron

Post by camaron »

You can also change the definition for "Last played tracks"; I can't remember the default but depending on your library and how often you play it it could be anything from "played once in the last two days" to "played more than 5 times the las 4 weeks" etc...
abasco

Post by abasco »

Thanks Anon that seems to be working well!!
Glad you were able to clear that up for me!!
Keep up the great work with your fantastic player!!