New Filtering in Album Browser

General discussions
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Just now I commited a new way to use filters in album browser. Now you can have as many filters as you want and select the active one with a choice. You can create new one using the '+' button or delete the current selected using the '-' button or edit the current active using the edit button.
I think this is a more flexible way to find items in the album browser.

Please try it and let me know any problems.

Thanks for your help
camaron

Post by camaron »

So far it works very well. It is a very good improvement.

Do you know the clutter flow project? I wonder if it is something it could remotely be implemented for the browser (in a reasonable way: no performance affected...)

See pictured in link

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/H8 ... directlink
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

Very good work anonbeat!!! as usual!

New filter management is far more good and useful!!!
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

regarding the clutter flow, it could be a great feature! Probably to use in the library view.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Now in svn 1368 the new added filtered will be selected and when deleted it will be switched to default option 'All Albums'

Thanks for your help

About clutter flow I think it should be like an alternate view of the Album Browser
camaron

Post by camaron »

anonbeat wrote:About clutter flow I think it should be like an alternate view of the Album Browser
Yes that is what I meant. The idea would be very good and would give the album browser a huge plus but I wonder how it would work in practice: in nautilus the graphics are not particularly smooth. I think Banshee has implemented it but I've not checked it myself.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

For a fast look I did this uses OpenGl and if its the case I will not implement it

Maybe can be done some other way but right now there are other things to look at first
camaron

Post by camaron »

anonbeat wrote:Maybe can be done some other way but right now there are other things to look at first
Fair enough :)
camaron

Post by camaron »

I just noticed that the thumbnails in the browser zoom in when you rest the mouse over them. It is really good to see that the browser view is getting all this love lately. It is a very nice improvement.
The reason why a browser view can be useful is that it is a visual way (aid) to browse through your collection. For this to be effective you must be able to see the cover; the bottom line is that you should be able to READ the cover.

Suggestions:

-make the zoom-in image bigger still: why not? At the very least 300x300 and even best real size (500) If you decide to see the bigger image is because you want to see the cover in detail.
-make the time it takes to react since you stop the mouse on the image a bit shorter. Just now it takes just a bit too long.

AND:

-introduce a slider where you can change the size of the thumbnails in display, like shotwwell, picassa or so many others. Another 2-3 sizes above would be enough.

Regards
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I found a small bug. Suppose you are creating a new filter and you enter Genre contains Rock and you change contains to is, then the buttons +, - and tick next to the rule you are editing are grayed out.
To add the rule you have to do some editing on the input box, for instance add and remove an space.