Magnatune download - feedback

General discussions
AnneTanne

Post by AnneTanne »

I hope this topic is posted in the right place...

I hadn't update my svn-version of Guayadeque for a few weeks, and missed the message that 'Magnatune download' was added.
I just update to 0.2.8-1365, and tried this new feature...

Untill now, I used Guayadeque for listening music, and Amarok for downloading albums. I glad dowload support is coming to Guayadeque now, although I don't know if I'm going to uninstall Amarok yet... Downloading is so much easier there.

In Amarok I just choose to download album, and without doing anything else the album is put in my Music-directory. If I have more albums by the same artist, it's even saved within that that artists' subdirectory.
When choosing 'download albums' in the Magnatune-context menu, I am brought to a new tab in my browser, where I have to confirm my membership details. Than I have to choose wether to save the zip-archive, or to open it in an archive manager, i.e. I have to extract the zip-file to the right place etc...

I really appreciate the efforts put in adding the possibility to download from within Magnatune, but to be honest, it's still faster to go directly to Magnatune from within my browser and download an album, than downloading from within magnatune...
But again, glad the possibility exists...

Ann
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Can you check this ? Go to Preferences -> Magnatune and change the 'Download As' option to other than 'Download page' for example 'mp3 (VBR)'

Not all the ppl have the library organized in the same way. So I dont know where to put the downloaded file in the right place automatically.
If I one day add automanaged mode for the library this can be solved and the downloaded files can be added automatically to the right location but right now I think it was better to give the user the option to decide where he wanted it.

Thanks for your help
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

What about adding an option to use one of the patterns specified in the Copy To section to describe the place where it is saved?
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Ops!
AnneTanne

Post by AnneTanne »

anonbeat wrote:Can you check this ? Go to Preferences -> Magnatune and change the 'Download As' option to other than 'Download page' for example 'mp3 (VBR)'
I haven't used the option 'download page'. I've used only Ogg and mp3 (VBR), and each time I'm taken to the download page. (For some reason, I even hadn't seen the option 'download page' ;-)!)