Helping out with documentation

General discussions
camaron

Post by camaron »

I understand that the idea is for a wiki to be developed on this site. I would like to help out with documentation (if needed). I don't know what your plans/approach to this is. Do you want this to be a collaborative effort or someone is already writing up the documentation and will be uploaded at some point? I helped on wikidot and all the tools (and access) were there to use.

Whichever way just let me know if you would like a hand.
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

@Camaron

Yes we would, this site, including the wiki will be community driven. Thanks for contributing. Im setting up your permissions now.

I would recommended looking at other pages to see how the html is setup. The wiki is currently being worked on including a WYSIWYG editor which will make editing pages much easier.
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

oh and to add a new page, you would visit its URL ..

http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... ewpagename

let me know if you need any help.
camaron

Post by camaron »

Hi, thanks for quick reply.
Unfortunately my html skills are close to non-existent. I see the grammar used so far is basic enough but not sure I want to get into learning this now.
Options:
a- I wait for WYSIWYG editor to be ready
b-Or I start writting secctions of the wiki in plane text (e.g. tagger editor, playlist support, etc) which I then email to you and you incorporate in the website as you see fit.
Either way I'm happy.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Thanks Camaron of your offer

No sabes cuanto agradezco tu ayuda :D
espero que queden muchos por venir

(I appreciate very much your help. I hope there are lof of others to come too)
camaron

Post by camaron »

@anonbeat
No sabes cuanto agradezco tu programa :)
Pero sobre todo agradezco tu buena disposición: hace unos meses te sugerí que Guayadeque no entendía la etiqueta Compositor y a la semana estaba integrada en el programa, haciendo de Guayadeque el único programa valido para música clásica (que pesao...) en Linux.
Saludos y salud :)
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

camaron wrote:Hi, thanks for quick reply.
Unfortunately my html skills are close to non-existent. I see the grammar used so far is basic enough but not sure I want to get into learning this now.
Options:
a- I wait for WYSIWYG editor to be ready
b-Or I start writting secctions of the wiki in plane text (e.g. tagger editor, playlist support, etc) which I then email to you and you incorporate in the website as you see fit.
Either way I'm happy.
plain text pages will be fine, i can update them with any needed html. Thanks again
Garthhh

Post by Garthhh »

how do I subscribe to a discussion?
Snooze

Post by Snooze »

Garthhh wrote:how do I subscribe to a discussion?
That's a good question. Can we have feeds for individual discussions like we have for the main page?
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

Garthhh wrote:how do I subscribe to a discussion?
to subscribe to a discussion, when your signed in there is a start next to the discussion title on the first post, or you will see the star on the main page were all the recent discussions are listed, clicking the star bookmarks it, and you will be notified of updates. You can change your notification preferences in your user profile. Hope that helps.