Translations now online
  • Now you can contribute to any translation at Transifex

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/guayadeque/

Thanks for your help
  • Hi Anonbeat,
    I have subscribed to the website, but I think you have to allow me to edit translations, my username is ilmetallo
  • mekanix said:

Hi Anonbeat,
    I have subscribed to the website, but I think you have to allow me to edit translations, my username is ilmetallo

Added your permissions now. Thanks
  • Thanks! This make much more easier the translation for me! :)
  • And any other can help
  • Same thing here, I sent request for Spanish team...
  • Eight languages complete!

\(^_^)/ \(^_^)/ \(^_^)/
  • great! I hope the rest are finished by the next release in a few weeks
  • Hi anonbeat! I've just noticed that the pot file downloaded using svn is different from that on line in transifex, I think that this is normal and we have to wait that you update it on transifex before we can update the translation, I am correct?

Thanks
  • It would be easier if Juan appoints coordinators for each language team.
  • Im trying to set transifex to autoupdate. I think its best if there is a manager for every language but first it must be something wrong in the configuration but I cant find it. I will try to sove this issue first.

Thanks all for your help
  • Looks like now its updating
  • I would like to maintain the german pdf-manual. I'm currently translating it and it's 70% done. Maybe it needs some changes/additions anyway like information on Ubuntu Desktop Integration and installation-instructions for different distributions, but I won't implement anything on my own for now, cause it's basically just a translation. Maybe we need to coordinate this stuff.
    Also, I havent got any pictures of the german GUI to implement yet... obviously.
  • You should contact Camaron who created the original pdf to coordinate the updating of this document.

Thanks for your help
  • hasufell said:

I would like to maintain the german pdf-manual. I'm currently translating it and it's 70% done. Maybe it needs some changes/additions anyway like information on Ubuntu Desktop Integration and installation-instructions for different distributions, but I won't implement anything on my own for now, cause it's basically just a translation. Maybe we need to coordinate this stuff.
    Also, I havent got any pictures of the german GUI to implement yet... obviously.

Hi hasufell,

I've just responded to your message where I've given you some ideas. Let me know what you think

Great to have you on board!
  • Great job hasufell,

Just wating to fix access to ftp to upload it. Thanks for your work.
  • Hello everyone, a'm Brazilian, and I want help. I translate a few words to pt_BR, my username is humbertostreb.

cheers
  • I'm from Turkey and want to help. Pls open a package for Turkish.
  • You must register in the site and once registered you can create the language yourself. Let me know if you are unable to do it.
    Just created it.
  • Thank you:)
  • Signing up for the Spanish team!
  • Ricardo said:

Signing up for the Spanish team!

Estupendo, toda ayuda bienvenida
  • I didn't find where I can suggest corrections for the English source, so I'll post it here:

string:
    Search in the podcast directoy -> Search in the podcast directory
  • Thanks I will fix this asap
  • I started a Bulgarian translation today and before I knew it, I was done XD
    Is there anything else that needs to be done to complete the translation, or is it in your hands now?

Also string:
    Sumary: -> Summary:
  • Thanks. I will upload it to svn asap
  • Hello,
    Since I'm relatively new fan of this young player, I want to contribute to it's popularity by translating it into Serbian, both Cyrillic and Latin (hopefully).
    Could you please add / approve sr and sr@latin so I can start? Thanks.
  • Both languages have been added.
    Thank you very much for your help
  • There's a minor error in English translation: "Copy the current picute to all the tracks you are editing", where instead of "picute" should be "picture".
    P.S. Quite a lot to be translated, I did not know it's so much work. :)
  • Thank you very much. I will fix it asap
  • Serbian Cyrillic is done, I will be looking for any errors in the next days. Latin translation will wait a bit, hopefully i'll find way to automatically transcribe .po to latin and then just fix few differences.
  • great thanks. Let me know once they are finished to upload them to svn
  • Both are done now, switching Cyrillic translation to Latin was surprisingly easy task. :)
  • great thanks
  • Update error
    cd guayadeque
    svn update
    /.build

/home/hreinsijons/guayadeque/po/sr/guayadeque.po:1: keyword "GETTEXT_PROCESS_POFILE" unknown
    /home/hreinsijons/guayadeque/po/sr/guayadeque.po:1:23: syntax error
    /usr/bin/msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors
    make[2]: *** [po/sr/guayadeque.mo] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [po/sr/CMakeFiles/guayadeque.sr.mo.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
  • It should be fixed now
  • It is thx
  • I wanted to translate the TuneIn part, but couldn't find the source at Transifex.
  • hellobo said:

I wanted to translate the TuneIn part, but couldn't find the source at Transifex.

hmmmm it should be there. I will check and update it for the next commit

What exactly is not translated ?
  • Shoutcast -> SHOUTcast

tunein
    Local Radio
    Music
    Talk
    Sports
    By Location
    By Language

• TuneIn is not translatable as its a service name. The rest are string that comes from the service itself and can change anytime.
  • How can I test my translation?
  • ferro9 said:

How can I test my translation?

You added Catalan support ? if so I will add it to svn very soon
  • Yes, I've added it. I've installed the Guayadeque from svn but I can't select the catalan translation!
  • I will check asap
    have you generated the catalan locale ?
    you may need to first install it with
    locale-gen ca_ES.UTF-8
    then configure it to Catalan and restart guayadeque
  • There's an error in the German translation in version 0.3.5.
    in the status bar is while fetching a songtext the message:

Liedtexte vonEmbedded

There's a missing, correct would be

Liedtexte von Embedded
  • You can correct it directly in transifex website
    http://www.transifex.com/projects/p/guayadeque/
  • I'm going to do a croatian translation but I have a few questions.
    Since croatian is quite complicated to do such things and I actually never use anything localized but I want to make it as decent (less ridiculous) as I can question is how can I use the .po file to see how it makes sense in actual UI not just as translated strings?
    And second, is there an actual difference between "song" and "track" or is it just inconsistency in english version?
  • it should not be any use of song. If you find it let me know

You need to copy the guayadeque.po into the localization folder in /usr/share/locale folder and be sure you are using this locale.
    If you dont have this lang set by default you can force it using for example
    LANG=es_ES.UTF-8 guayadeque to force spanish translation.
  • ooooopppps........... it looks like I messed something with IT translation. I think I fixed it now. But I have to say that I'm very confused with that online translator. I'm using the old one now, it seems more straight forward.

Anyhow, this for instance.........
    #: PlayerPanel.cpp:307
    msgid "Show the current position and song length of the current track"
    If I understand correctly, song is actually that current track. If so, it should be something like "Show the current position and length of the current track".
    And "song" is quite often used word. If I counted correctly, it repeats 28 times in guayadeque_guayadeque.pot and that is the original file. I'm far from native english speaker but there are some terms that sound weird to me.

I'll try to finish this and than use it in player with all options on to see how decent it looks. I'll let U know when I think it's good enough to be a part of your work.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion