Changing views not quite working
  • Hi,

When I use the buttons to change from Library view to Album, Tree or Playlist views the main pane changes but the search bar etc around it doesn't change properly (e.g. screenshots #1 & #2).

However, if I change to, say, Album view, then quit Guayadeque and restart it then all is well (screenshot #3)

I can live with this, but thought it might help to point it out

Ubuntu 16.04, installed from git repository.
    Attachments
    Screenshot #1.png (459K)
    Screenshot #2.png (138K)
    Screenshot #3.png (459K)
  • That must be something related to your theme... this is something I do all the time and never happened that for me... I use xubuntu. What do you use?

Thanks for your help
  • Ubuntu 16.04
    How do I go back to the default theme (I didn't save the original one)
    Edit: Found it in preferences load default layout at start
    I did this and still the same problem with the default layout

Is there any way to import/export themes?

Thanks
  • Guayadeque does not have themes as such. It is themed with system theme so try some other theme. I'm using ubuntu gnome and never had such issues.
  • Oh,
    I think I was confused between layouts and themes
    Will look into a different theme.
    I'm relatively new to Linux
    Thanks
  • So I am using Ambience, which I like I must say.
    I tried changing to Radiance, but the same problem
    Started searching for different GTK themes, but there are so many.
    Could someone explain the difference between themes and desktops?
    Do I just need to try different Themes or Desktops as well?
    Thanks
  • I tried ARC and ARC dark, Greybird and Numix and still the same problem
  • I am using xubuntu with default settings
  • Themes changing mostly colors, button shapes, window shapes, stuff like that. If you go for a different desktop than a lot of other things will change. By default, Ubuntu is Unity. But there's also versions (spins) with Gnome, KDE, XFCE. MATE, LXDE......
    You can install all of them on the same machine and then login to the one you want. But I don't think that this is desktop related. In your home folder you have .guayadeque folder with all your personal stuff related to program. Make a copy of it, delete the one in your home folder and start guayadeque with zero previous config files and see if that helps.
  • kinggo said:

Themes changing mostly colors, button shapes, window shapes, stuff like that. If you go for a different desktop than a lot of other things will change. By default, Ubuntu is Unity. But there's also versions (spins) with Gnome, KDE, XFCE. MATE, LXDE......
    You can install all of them on the same machine and then login to the one you want. But I don't think that this is desktop related. In your home folder you have .guayadeque folder with all your personal stuff related to program. Make a copy of it, delete the one in your home folder and start guayadeque with zero previous config files and see if that helps.

Good response!!

@leigh: If doing that helps, please send me your guayadeque config file to check what the problem is.

Thanks for your help
  • @kinggo
    Thanks very much for info and suggestion!
    However, that didnt work
    @anonbeat
    Even though it didn't work I sent you my guayadeque.conf file, hope its the right one
    I think that Xubuntu uses Greybird
  • hmmmmm........ try with my layouts. I don't have problems.
    Just remove .jpg since xml can't be uploaded here and place them under .guayadeque/Layouts. Restart guayadeque and load layout. And if you have some of yours already saved then rename them to the next available number.
    Attachments
    Layout_1.xml.jpg (10K)
    Layout_2.xml.jpg (7K)
  • Thanks
    Those layouts didnt have a my music tab which is where the problem is
    When I added the My music tab (Sources>My Music>Show) .... same problem
  • leigh said:

Thanks

Its clear at this point that it is not a layout problem. In Ubuntu are you using Unity or other desktop?
  • leigh said:

Thanks

they do have "my music" tab. Both of them. Unless it is some internal thing and that tab is not save in layout config file. I didn't exactly study the file.
  • @kinggo

Definitely no My Music tab until I show it from the Sources menu; I just tried it again.

You mentioned installing multiple desktop environments and choosing which to login to. Could you direct me to instructions, and is this something that wont cause problems?
  • I found instructions on How-to Geek, and followed:

sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop

I still get the same problem when logged in using Xubuntu desktop

I like the look of Xubuntu though, maybe I will change completely to the Xubuntu distro :)

• Then I'm out of ideas. Maybe it is related to your GPU and drivers.
  • Could be I guess; I have not got the proprietary drivers for my Nvidia GPU installed.
    My Laptop is an ASUS XL550LB

Also, I just checked my mum's computer which also has Ubuntu 16.04 and she does not have my problem with Guayadeque.

When I sort out the current problem of not being able to logout of xubuntu and re-login to Unity (can of worms :) ) I will try to install the NVidia drivers and see what happens.

• Your problem might be related to login manager. I'm not sure which distro uses which manager but google that a bit and you might find your answer. I'm a long time linux user so I don't expirement that much any more, I'm all in fore Gnome Shell.
  • Thanks,
    But I did a clean install of Xubuntu over the top of Ubuntu so now I have no login manager problem.

Also, the problem with Guayadeque has disappeared.
    Not sure what it was, but since with Ubuntu 16.04 and Guayadeque my mum has no problems, perhaps it was something specific to my Laptop.

Anyway, I have discovered that I like Xubuntu a lot, and now have something else to play with - so win-win all round :)

Thanks very much for your help @Anonbeat & @Kinggo both of you

Really love the player!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion